Breakfast With the Expert: "Finding Your eastern European Town of Origin"
From: Emily Garber (emilyhgarbergmail.com)
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 14:12:49 -0700 (PDT)
Don’t forget to sign up for a Friday morning (8-9 AM) Breakfast with
the Expert (Emily Garber), “Finding Your Eastern European Town of
Origin,” - One of the basic building blocks of Jewish genealogy
research is determining not only the names of our ancestors’
communities of origin, but also where those places are on today’s
maps. One cannot successfully jump the pond to Eastern Europe with
one’s research until one has established that information from
immigrant ancestors’ and relatives’ records in their adopted
countries. We’ll have an informal discussion of strategies to
implement and data sets to check to ensure one has exhaustively
researched town of origin. A handout with useful information will be
provided to those in attendance.

To register, go back to registration online at the conference webpage
<https://www.iajgs2019.org/> (Update Your Registration & Info), sign
in and page through your registration info until you find the events
for which one must register and pay. Finish paging through the
registration and complete the update. If successfully done, you will
receive an email documenting your registration updates.

See you at the conference!

Emily Garber
  • (no other messages in thread)