Call for Papers Open for IAJGS 2019 Cleveland Conference
From: Jay Sage, Conference Co-Chair (JayIAJGS2019.org)
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 18:53:36 -0800 (PST)

We are very pleased to invite prospective speakers to submit proposals for presentation at the 39th Annual IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy to be held from Sunday, July 28, through Friday, August 2, 2019, in Cleveland, Ohio. The Call for Papers will open at 12:01 AM, Eastern Standard Time, on Wednesday, December 5, 2019.

This annual worldwide gathering brings together family researchers, academics, professional genealogists, historians, and a wide variety of individuals from around the world who cherish the heritage and the future of the Jewish people. Submissions will be accepted for panel discussions, one-hour lectures, and shorter 30-minute presentations on all relevant topics. There will also be a number of computer workshops -- if proposals for them are received. We hope to have the Computer Lab active most of each day.

The Theme of this year's Conference will be "Jews in America's Heartland." The following tracks will get preference for presentations:

  •   Westward Ho! - Jewish settlement between the Alleghenies  and the Rockies.
  •   Cleveland Rocks! - Cleveland Resources for Family Research
  •   DNA: What is it, and how can it help you?
  •   The Shoah: resources for Finding Your Family
  •   Discovering Your Family History - Where do I begin? - A track for beginners.

The submissions deadline is Sunday, January 20, 2019, at 11:59 PM EST. The committee set this deadline to allow enough time to evaluate many worthy proposals, to choose the best, and to notify speakers of their acceptance during the early registration period that ends on Sunday, April 21, 2019.

All the information you need to get started is under the SPEAKERS tab on the Conference website at www.iajgs2019.org.

We hope many of you will feel inspired to attend, present, and participate with us.

If you know of others who might like to present at the upcoming conference, please feel free to share this email. After reading the relevant pages on our website, you may request further information via email sent to program [at] iajgs2019.org.

Many thanks, and we look forward to seeing all of you at a great conference next summer.

Very truly yours,

Ken Bravo and Jay Sage
   Conference Co-Chairs (chairs [at] iajgs2019.org)
Chuck Weinstein
   Program Chair (program [at] iajgs2019.org)

39th IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy
Cleveland, Ohio
July 28 - August 2, 2019

  • (no other messages in thread)