Romanian events at the IAJGS Conference
From: Barbara Hershey (barbara.hersheycomcast.net)
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 10:20:17 -0700 (PDT)
Time is almost here for the IAJGS Conference in Cleveland.  I’d like to point
out a few sessions of interest to those with Romanian ancestry.  The JewishGen
Romania SIG will have some events at the IAJGS conference that I hope will
interest you.

SHARE Fair Sunday from 11:30-2:30 in Hope A B and C:  Please stop by to say
hello and to have the opportunity to speak with members of the SIG leadership
team to learn more about what the SIG offers to genealogists.  We welcome your
questions and participation.

ROM Sig Meeting from 3:15 – 4:30 on Monday in Center Street C.  Michael Moritz
will speak about the major Iasi project underway and his experiences to date.
There will be ample opportunity for questions, comments and opportunities to
let us know of your research interests.  We will offer several volunteer
opportunities and will speak of the status of our other projects.

A second meeting, listed as the Jewishgen ROM Sig Board Meeting is really not a
board meeting (we don’t have a board) but an opportunity for follow-up to any
items from the first meeting, to continue discussion and meet people who were
unable to make the first meeting.  That is scheduled on Tuesday at 1:45 in room
Center Street B.

On Thursday, at 4:45 in Center Street D, Teven Laxer has a program
“Eyewitnesses to the Shoah Highlight Search for Family in Three Countries” that
includes his experiences in Romania doing personal research and encountering
eyewitnesses to the events relevant to his history.  While not specifically a
Romanian discussion, he anticipates that it would be of great interest to those
researching Romania.

You are also invited to work on KehilaLinks pages commemorating your family’s
Jewish communities.  Their history and way of life should be recorded,
preserved and memorialized for future generations.  The KehilaLinks BOF on
Thursday from 1:45 in Veterans A will be time to hear from others and to ask
questions about creating or adding to pages for your communities.  Barbara
Ellman is the technical coordinator for KehilaLinks and will chair this
session.  From that team, if you do not have the “…necessary technical skills
we have a team of dedicated volunteers who will create a webpage with the
material provided.”

Welcome and enjoy the conference!

Barbara Hershey
Co-Coordinator of the Jewishgen ROM Sig

Researching in Romania, Iasi area, HERSCOVICI, HAIMOVICI and LOWENTHAL

  • (no other messages in thread)